TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: 26 August 2016
The School Reviewer Limited website is operated, controlled and maintained by School Reviewer Limited ("School Reviewer") which has its registered office at Cobham House, 1 High Street, PO Box 30, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 9EE. We can be contacted by e-mail or by mail to the address above.
Please stop using our website if you do not agree to these terms.
We may revise these terms at any time at our sole discretion. So please check these pages on a regular basis for updates: you can easily determine whether changes have been made, by viewing the "Last Updated" date at the top of this page.
1 User Registration/Password
1.1 Most sections and functionality of this website can be used by non-registered users (visitors), you will need to register as a Member to be able to submit school / establishment Reviews. Registration is and always will be free.
1.2 To register as a Member, you will need to either use the register link at the top of any page in the site, or register at the time of posting a review, as reviews can only be posted by registered members.
1.3 You agree that all information provided to us about yourself upon registration or at any other time will be true and accurate at the time of registration. We reserve the right to cancel your membership and website access if we learn that you have provided false information or post offensive or inaccurate information.
1.4 When you register to use our website, you will be asked to provide your email address, create a username and password. In doing so you will be agreeing not to divulge your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and will be fully responsible for all liabilities in connection with your account's use (or misuse). If you suspect that someone else knows of or is using your password, you must notify us immediately by emailing us or you can reset your password at any time, using the login section at the top of any page within the site and clicking on the "Forgotten Password" link.
1.5 We withhold the discretion to cancel your user account at any time if we suspect it is being used by an unauthorised person.
2 Use of the School Reviewer Website
2.1 Please note that throughout these terms "Content" refers to all data, text, logos, artwork, software, documents, images, photographs and other materials you may upload to or download from our website including information about yourself, Reviews and information about certain schools / establishments.
2.2 You must ensure that any Content submitted by your or anyone using your account; to our website:
- (a) does not infringe any third party's Intellectual Property Rights ("Intellectual Property Rights" means registered and / or unregistered copyright, database rights, trade marks, design
- (b) does not breach any applicable law;
- (c) is not defamatory, profane, sexually or racially offensive or discriminating, harassing, threatening, obscene, offensive, rude, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading or otherwise objectionable in our absolute opinion;
2.3 You agree that you will not use the School Reviewer website:
- (a) for commercial purposes or to obtain financial gain without our prior written consent other than through the buy and sell section of the School Reviewer website which shall be subject to the terms and conditions contained therein;
- (b) to send chain letters, junk mail, 'spam', business or bulk communications of any kind;
- (c) to advertise a company, product or service of any educational establishment other than those already entered into the system;
- (d) in a way, that might reasonably be expected to cause another person's computer systems and/or their communications network to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient;
- (e) to obtain personal information from "Users";
- (f) to obtain passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- (g) to attempt to impersonate another User; or to harass, threaten or intimidate any User.
2.4 You will be for responsible for logging out from your registered account at the end of each session.
2.5 If you are aware of anything on our website which appears to infringe these terms, you agree to contact us immediately.
3 Content posted
3.1 Whilst we employ a team of moderators and software tools to monitor Content on the website, no system is 100% reliable and some inappropriate content may slip through, at any time you can report this content using the links on each section of the site.
3.2 None of the views expressed in the Content of the website are representative of School Reviewer. You acknowledge that all Content is the responsibility of the person who posted, emailed or otherwise provided the Content to our website. You acknowledge that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
3.3 If you post Content which is found to be in breach of these terms, we reserve the right to deactivate your user account which will prevent further access to our website as a Member.
4 Intellectual Property Rights
4.1 You agree that our website and all Content contained in it are protected by Intellectual Property Rights that either belong to or are licensed to us.
4.2 You acquire no proprietary interest in our website or Content provided by us or others and may not use them in any way except as expressly permitted by these terms.
4.3 You may view, print, download or temporarily store such Content for your personal, non-commercial reference without alteration, addition or deletion. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer such Content. You acknowledge that you will not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or otherwise using any such Content.
4.4 By submitting Content to our website:
- (a) you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and communicate to the public such Content; and
- (b) you authorise us to adapt such Content and you agree to waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
5 Our Rights
5.1 We have the right in our absolute discretion to alter, edit, remove, suspend or refuse any Content without notice, if we consider that the Content is inappropriate or violates these terms or for any other reason.
5.2 We will never disclose your personal details to any third party, unless such disclosure is necessary:
- (a) for the purpose of maintaining our website;
- (b) by law; or
- (c) to respond to claims that our website infringes or restricts the right of any party.
5.3 We may suspend or terminate your access to our website at any time if you breach any of these terms.
6.1 Our website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6.2 You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy, relevancy or completeness of any information in or provided on or from our website. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Our website is provided for the general information of the general public.
6.3 Your use and participation in our website and services are solely at your own risk. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from our website shall create any warranty.
6.4 We make no warranty that our website will meet your requirements, or that access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of our website.
7 Buy and Sell
7.1 You shall be bound by the conditions contained on our website.
8 Tutors and Tutees
8.1 You shall be bound by the conditions contained on our website.
9 Prize Draw
9.1 You shall be bound by the conditions contained on our website.
10 Limitation of Liability
10.1 EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND FOR ANY REASON.
10.2 EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, GOODWILL, REVENUE IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISE IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF EVENTS OR WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND WHETHER SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND FOR ANY REASON.
10.3 NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL OPERATE TO EXCLUDE OR RESTRICT OUR LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE.
11 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.